Manufacturers are moving from preventive maintenance to real-time conditioning monitoring and predictive maintenance, due to breakthroughs in sensing, analytics and other aspects of the Industrial Internet of Things.
However, due to an excess of caution, they are doing so slowly.
What are the principles of technology project management that can help manufacturers to move more expeditiously?
Mo Abuali of IoTco says that if the maintenance project can be seen as a three-legged stool that includes technology, process and people, it’s often people that present the biggest challenge. Abuali suggests the following people-centric emphases can promote more effective project management:
- Focus on data value
- Foster a culture of innovation
- Establish a smart manufacturing steering committee
- Empower digital change champions
- Make internal communications a change management priority
Tune into this webcast to learn more.
- Making the business case for predictive maintenance
- Introducing Industry 4.0 tools, including condition monitoring and industrial analytics
- Some practical aspects of launching an Industry 4.0 and predictive maintenance program in a global manufacturing company
How to structure a predictive maintenance program, manage through the challenges and ensure long-term success